Program InformationSearch the Normandale Hills Media Center
Learn to Code/Program for Some of Your Favorite Games and Characters!
Try out some of the links below to practice coding instructions for characters to do things on the screen.
2016-2017 Maude Hart Lovelace Award Nominees - Division I (Grades 3-5):
- Almost Home by Joan Bauer
- Army of Frogs: A Kulipari Novel by Trevor Pryce
- Ava & Pip by Carol Weston
- Breaking Stalin's Nose by Eugene Yelchin
- Capture the Flag by Kate Messner
- El Deafo by CeCe Bell
- Escape by Night by Laurie Myers
- Five Lives of Our Cat Zook by Joanne Rocklin
- Kizzy Ann Stamps by Jeri Watts
- NIckel Bay Nick by Dean Pitchford
- Secret Chicken Society by Judy Cox
- Wild River by P.J. Petersen
Division II Titles (Grades 6-8)
In our media center, we have:
- One licensed media director and one clerk
- Two iMac labs
- One classroom sets of laptop computers
- One-on-One Chromebooks for all fourth and fifth graders
- 17,513 titles in our collection
- An average collection date of 2000
- Our own NHKids' Channel 70 News studio
- Beautiful story area
- Large classroom area
- Help get materials for our media center, here's how...
Donations are always welcome to keep our media center up-to-date!
-Book donations (both used and new)
-Collect Campbell's Soup labels (Campbell's soup label eligible products)Web LinksDK findoutInfoBitsKids' SearchSearchasaurusELMBook FlixBloomington 5StarR Research Process
-Children Help Children - Ink Jet Cartridges (Please send in all empty ink cartridges and cell phones. NH receives a profit for these items.)